Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dogs and Cats

So I had an interesting discussion today about cats and dogs. I've been talking about how I want a dog, but I also am a huge cat lover. My friend asked me about it... and I responded with something that I had never really thought about it.

I'm a huge animal lover (mostly just dogs and cats). But my love for dogs and cats is different. It's not because of how cute they are (although they are!)... It's about their personalities.

And well, I have decided the reason I love cats is that I relate well to a cat. I've been told I'm like a cat in some ways. And I think cats are very graceful animals. I love their sleek features and graceful movements. But I also relate to their personalities. Cats are sassy. They can be SO picky. They are great at cuddling, but only when they want to. They are curious creatures. They are playful... and they love to nap. They can be quiet, or they can love to "talk", depending on the day/mood. They love warm sunshine.

Oh, wait... this gets better.

Why do I love dogs? Because it's what I seek in a man! Sound crazy? Well, maybe. Let me explain.

Dogs are... great companions. They are loyal. They are protective and strong. They love to play, but can also simply cuddle. They are cute, and sweet. And good at sensing your emotions. Dogs are just simply great.

But, isn't it ironic, that often women call men "dogs"?... but my view? If I found a man with the qualities I listed in a dog, I think I'd be a very happy woman! I am in NO way being derogatory towards men.

So, you may say, well-- if you're a cat, and the guy is a dog... how does that work? Well, have you ever heard the phrase "Opposites Attract"??? =)


So there you have it! Interesting thoughts that came from a random conversation.

I love my life! =) And can't wait to have a dog of my own (like literally!)... and well, you know... eventually have that MAN, with those qualities! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment