Monday, December 17, 2012

Whitening...Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips

Back in November, I was invited to take part in the Influenster VoxBox for Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips! Now, I've explained a little about Influenster in one of my previous posts... but let me explain a little more. Influenster gives it's members opportunities to try products and give honest reviews (this is dependent on a lot of different criteria, see the website for more on that ). There are also places on the website to do reviews of other products you've tried.

Anyway, I was really excited to try out the whitestrips! I'll show you a before and after picture. The pictures were on my cell, and aren't really clear, so you may not notice a huge difference, if any (I was also in different lighting...).

This is before...

This is after.

Like I said, you probably can't tell a lot of difference, if any. In a way, I almost feel the second is worse. But keep in mind the lighting, angles and the cell!

Now for my honest opinion on the Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips: I honestly had pretty good results, even after a couple of days! My teeth were not really bad to begin with, but I did start to see a difference, and so did my husband!

Now, I failed to put these things on EVERY day for 20 days straight. I used them a couple of days, but then on mornings I was in a rush, I wouldn't. I kept telling myself, "I'll do it tonight". So I'd skip a few day in between. Not a big deal, I still saw results.

There are a few cons to using these: first of all, they aren't the easiest to attach to your teeth. Granted, they stay put once they are on, but I looked hilarious trying to stretch my lips out to get them in place. Also, be VERY careful about putting them on your gums. I had MAJOR sensitivity. I even had a few times where my teeth would just hurt. I wasn't a huge fan of that. And there was one day (only one though) where I must have either done it too soon after brushing my teeth, or my teeth were too wet, because the bottom strip did not want to attach. It was sliding around. I finally just wrapped it over my teeth and it stayed well enough I guess.

Overall, I enjoyed getting to try the whitestrips. Because my teeth weren't super yellow to begin with, I didn't see HUGE results, but I did notice a difference. For instance... this picture:



It was taken after 3-4 days of starting the whitestrips. When I uploaded it to Facebook, I thought, "Wow, my teeth look really white!"

I really think that these would be beneficial for someone who has more stains than me. The cons I mentioned above aren't permanent... And it's a much more affordable option than going to a professional for whitening!

As Crest says "If you're not whitening, you're yellowing!" For more information about Crest 3D White, visit their page:

I'd say give these a try if you're really wanting to see some improvement in a short amount of time, then use a whitening tooth paste to maintain.

These opinions are ALL 100% my own. I received the product from Influenster for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment