Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beginnings

Hello World!

I'm excited about this new little endeavor, and attempt, at blogging! I have a lot to say, and a lot on my mind everyday, so I figured this could be a good outlet for me. I may bore you, but then again, I may also have some very exciting stories too!

Well, I won't bore you with my "history"... I'll start at the here and now. My name is Blaine. I'm a 21 year old college student, Mass Communication major... I'm the youngest of 3 girls. I'm different than my family, but they love me anyway!

I'm currently enjoying a little relaxation this summer. I am doing an internship with a GREAT radio station. It's only been 3 weeks, and I already know I am going to love working in radio-- the people are great, the work is fun... and I feel like I fit in there!

I'm recently single... and while it is a scary thing, I feel it's a great growing experience. I'm learning a lot about myself. I've been one to be in relationships non-stop for many years, and I feel like I lost myself somewhere along the way and have become someone's "girlfriend". So now, I am trying to redefine who I am. I have always been very independent-- and now I'm taking my independence and running with it.

I'm a complicated person, and a little A.D.D., so this blog is bound to jump from topic to topic. Like I said... I have a lot on my mind. Sometimes it gets jumbled up there, and comes out that way.

Here are today's realizations:

* I do miss being in love... and well, every love song on the radio only makes me miss it more. But... I also enjoy being me, not answering to anyone, learning to love myself, and doing things for ME!
*I really miss doing "girly" things. And I miss my best girlfriend (thank God she's moving closer this weekend!).
*I rush into things... especially love/crushes/dating etc. But I like the feeling, and I guess the security of having ONE person to be with.
*I'm a super jealous person... like if I see a guy I like flirting with someone else... It's hard because I get too attached too soon, and I guess I want him to as attached as I am.
*I like having guy friends. They are not as dramatic as some girls... They are so laid back, I can be myself and laugh... a lot.


Well... this will be it for my first blog. I will try to be more organized and fun in future blogs, but I feel there's so much I should say to introduce myself!

1 comment:

  1. Blainey :]
    I understand how you feel. Breaking off from a relationship is like loosing a right arm. Strange simile, but you know what I mean :)

    And I totally relate to you in the sense of getting attached to soon. That's one of the qualities of having a big heart, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's actually a good quality that people should cherish you for, because it only means that you are open, willing, and accepting to loving people for who they are :)

    I love you and I miss you, Grand ;]

    ReplyDelete