Friday, August 5, 2011

Another day!

Today's the last day to take advantage of the 15% off $50 or more on Mary Kay products! http://www.marykay.com/bsaunders87 Take advantage of it! The products are amazing! Also, contact me if you want samples or more information! :)

In other news:

I've got a great friend from college visiting-- and it feels SO good. We sat up talking and laughing last night about anything and everything. I love it. It's great for the soul! We're planning on doing some "tourist-y" things like walk around downtown, and OF COURSE, we're going to be beach bums for a bit.

There's nothing quite like having a good girl friend. I can't explain it really. But it's nice knowing I have a friend like her. We don't see each other often, or even talk that often, but she's someone I know I could count on no matter what! I can be myself and we just have so much fun.

If you have a friend like that-- cherish them. Don't let a friendship like that fall to the wayside, because one day, you'll need someone, and that person won't be around. I know that I've been bad about dropping the ball when it comes to friendships, but I've also been on the other side of it. I've tried to uphold a friendship. I've tried to keep in touch. I've tried to be there, regardless of distance. But if both people aren't fully trying... it doesn't work. It's like a romantic relationship. If Louis and I didn't put in 110%, it wouldn't work. Both people have to WANT the relationship to work. It doesn't mean you won't disagree, maybe even fight, but if both people want it to work, it can!

It's hard being on the side of TRYING so hard to keep a friendship, only to watch the other person give it up. It hurts when you think the person really was a great friend, but then they don't care enough anymore.

I've been there when I just got tired of fighting for it. It put so much emotional stress on me. It wasn't worth the fight anymore. It's sad, yes... but there comes a time in life when you really start to see the things that matter, and the things that don't.

That's not to say doors won't be open for those people down the road, but it is saying that it won't be the same. It's like when you've been hurt or cheated on-- it's harder to open that door fully and trust that person not to hurt you again.

The heart is a delicate thing-- even when it comes to friendships. My husband is my best friend, but there is something different about a bond between two girl friends. Sure, maybe the emotions between to females is the reason why there's sometimes fall outs... but if that friend REALLY means something, it won't really matter in the end.

Who's YOUR best friend? Be thankful for them today!


Song of the day:
Things That Matter by Rascal Flatts

Sometimes he lets that boss get in his head
He can't see past that mountain of deadlines on his desk
5oclock he's that last one out of the gate
And he gets cut off flipped off ticked off out on the interstate
And he wonders why this world won't leave him alone
Till he hears that little voice holler “daddy's home”
Things that matter
Things that don't

She's held on to that grudge all her life
Had thirty years of anger
Since her dad walked out that night
She thinks of all the moments that he's missed
All the birthdays ballets first dates
That seems too much to forget
She gets that call that said he don't have long
She walks in
He starts crying
The past is gone
Things that matter
Things that don't

Time ain't on my side
Don't want to leave this world
With why didn't I?
Why didn't I?
Yeah why didn't I?

Sometimes I take on this world by myself
Thinking I got all the answers
Don't need anybody's help
Well god was right there waiting for me all along
To fall down on my knees surrender all
Things that matter
Things that don't
Things that matter
Things that don't

No comments:

Post a Comment