Monday, June 15, 2009

Early morning thoughts.

So... It's before 8 a.m. What am I doing up this early?! Well, for some crazy reason I decided to get up at 6:30 to start getting ready, and it didn't take me long, and so now I'm ready for work, and I don't really have to leave until 9 a.m. or so. But it's always nice to have plenty of time to wake up and enjoy the morning before rushing out the door.

So I had a great weekend... Got to hang out with Kelsey a lot and some other awesome people. It was a ton of fun. But man was I tired yesterday! I realized though, that it is super important to have girl friends. I've never really been good at having girl friends. I've been stabbed in the back one too many times, and so I've become very cautious about getting too close to someone. Well, I never realized how necessary having girl friends can be. I guess maybe it's because I've been in relationships so much. But now that I'm single, I know that girl friends are the best-- as long as they are trustworthy. It's hard to find, but once you do-- don't let it go!

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Again. Ugh! I watched He's Just Not That Into You with Kelsey on Saturday... and it just made me think. And then I watched My Best Friend's Girl with a guy friend yesterday, and again... I start thinking. I am not a man hater at all. I have great guy friends whom I love to death. I usually get along better with guys because there's so much less drama involved most of the time. But these movies made me think about my own life and dating experiences.

I'm a sucker for romance... And I get attached pretty easily. I know, it's bad. I watched those girls in He's Just Not That Into You, and laughed at how many times girls act that way. We try to convince ourselves that he does like us. We make up a ton of excuses for why he doesn't call, or even text us. I loved how in the movie it starts with the little girl and her mom telling her the boys were being mean because they like her. Haven't we all heard that? So we grow up thinking, he's just trying to act tough, he really does like me, right? Well, honestly, I have to keep repeating "Maybe he's just not that into you"... I'm pathetic, I know. But, I have to keep saying it, to keep myself from falling too hard.

I'm complicated. Too many emotions in one person. I have highs and lows like you wouldn't believe. I could go on and on about love. I can't help it. I am a romantic, remember? Sometimes I wish I could just be the cool, single girl out there having fun. And I'm working on it. This weekend taught me that I am ok being just ME. Nobody's "girlfriend"... It's something I will have to keep working on. And I'll just keep repeating "He's just not that into me"... and that's ok. Because one day, there will be someone who sees me, for me... and can't get enough. And he'll be so into me, that it'll take me by surprise, right? Well, I'm not going to focus on that. Today is a new day. I'm single. I'm ME. I love life. I don't know where this road will lead, but instead of focusing on what's ahead, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride for now.

Oh, and as for the song of the day-- I haven't figured it out yet... It's too early! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment