Monday, June 8, 2009

I'll Just Hold On...

Another fun day... but definitely a tiring one! Going, going ALL day long!

Work today was fun as always! Joking around, but still getting the job done, is the only way to do it right?! =)

One thing I realized today is that I truly enjoy having a "girl friend". It feels good to have someone to talk to, who actually listens... and understands the emotions and feelings I have. And I am SO truly blessed to have two very good girl friends-- Tiffany and Kelsey. These two girls are two people who I trust and absolutely love to death... I'd do anything for them! I've never been one to have many close girlfriends, but these two women are so different. There's just such a great connection. And they have kept me strong and given me a lot of insight into who I am... and what I need/deserve!

Another thing I'm learning about myself is... I have a big heart. And I do get attached easily. But, I trying so hard to be ok with just ME! And honestly, I do like myself... a whole lot more than I have in the past. I am learning to love the little things that make me, ME! I'm independent, and passionate. I'm also very compassionate and caring. I can be a little crazy and I know how to have fun. I know eventually things will all fall into place for me... but I'm also a VERY impatient person. But I'm trying to practice patience because I always think I know what I want... and well, from past experiences-- I know that it takes time to really know. So... It's a growing process!

So, what's my song of the day? This was a hard one... but one song that caught my attention today was, "I'll Just Hold On" by Blake Shelton.

"Falling for you even though I know you’re only playing with my heart
Tomorrow might be hell
But a night or two of loving you is better than never at all
And I can’t help myself
So I’ll just hold on, I’ll just hold on, I’ll just hold on
Until you’re gone

Girl I know you’re a gypsy soul and I’m just a stop along your road
And you hang around long enough to blow my mind
If I had a star for every scar you tattooed on my heart
I could fill up the Oklahoma sky
So girl I don’t know why

I’ll just hold on, I’ll just hold on, I’ll just hold on
Until you’re gone

I look down at my cell phone ringing
I see your name and I know what that means
But I don’t care, I’ll just hold on
‘Til you’re gone

Every time you leave I take it hard
But seeing you go just breaks my heart
But I don’t care, I’ll just hold on
‘Til you’re gone"

I guess this song could go either way for me. It could be about me falling for someone... but it's also been the reverse. This is something that explains me well though. I get my heart broken easily... because I do have a big heart. I do fall easily... It's hard. But that's me. And although it can be tough, it's a part of me. I don't regret falling for certain people, because that has made me who I am today. And like I said earlier-- I love me now! =)


So now, I'm watching The Bachelorette. It's kind of a guilty pleasure. =/ But I don't envy her really. I have always thought it would be fun...and interesting to see if you can really find love that way. But, I think it would be the hardest thing EVER! I really like the show though... because it can be funny... and can also point out a lot of things in relationships. It's just... fun to watch ok? So don't hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment