Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why isn't my life a reality TV show???

So, I think I have a pretty interesting life... seriously! Sure, some days it can be boring, but I do have some very interesting things that happen. If you ever want to be entertained, just let me tell you a story or two!

Of course, today was one of my "interesting days"... I had to work at the station today, and well, I love my job... It'd be perfect if I got paid too! =) The joy of an internship! But the people there make my job SOOOOOOOO much fun!

So, I'm thinking I'm going to start having a "Song of the Day" on my blog. Today, my song is...

"Love Game" -- Lady Gaga
I wanna kiss you, but if I do, then I might miss you babe. It's complicated and stupid...
Let's play a love game
Play a love game
Do you want love?
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?

So why is that the song? Well... there's a lot of reasons. One, because I like her. Two, because, well... Sometimes I think some people do consider love a game.
Third, well... the first line, is exactly how I feel. I know, I know-- typical girl right? Well, sometimes we can't help but get emotionally involved. Plus, I've been in relationships so much... that that's my "security". And well, that just makes things complicated and stupid.
There are a lot of things I'm working on. And being ok with being single is the first step. I'm actually reading, "He's Just Not That Into You", which is... perfect at this moment. I've also been sticking with my girl friends, because well, I can have fun with them... and I need that.

It's really hard. I have to admit. I've already developed a crush (if that's what you'd call it)... and well, I'm trying not to get too attached. Stupid, I know. I'm a silly girl. I'm also a stupid romantic, and to be honest, it sucks. I love LOVE. Grrrr... Why can't life be simple?

But, I can honestly say, I am LOVING my independence. I am learning to love me, for me. I tell myself, "I don't need a ring around my finger to make me feel complete!" Don't get me wrong, yes, I do want to fall in love... But I don't just want it, just to have it, you know?

I'm rediscovering who I am. And yes, I love it.
I'm crazy... and somewhat flirty. I like to workout.
I love being outside.
I LOVE hanging out with my best girl friend!
I'm passionate, and somewhat emotional.
I don't like being trampled on-- I got where I am because I worked my butt off... you should do the same.
I will NOT be friends with someone who uses me for their gain.
I'm unique...
I can be funny..
I LOVE dancing around my house when I'm all alone.
I love singing loudly, and horribly-- just for fun.
I will not change myself for someone.
I hate being led on... if you like me, tell me... if not, just let me go!
I like reading for pleasure... but never get to when I'm at school.
I am a sucker for The Bachelorette (stupid reality TV-- it sucks you in!)
I love to laugh.
I want to be famous... and maybe I will. If not, I can at least pretend.

This summer is going to be a blast! I'm learning a lot, growing up... Realizing who I am. Taking hold of my independence.
Learning, loving, and laughing...

And well, if that handsome man wants to come sweep me off my feet... well, come on. =)
BUT!
I don't NEED someone... I want someone to be my best friend, companion... that kind of thing! -- There is a difference!

"Romeo, don't worry about saving me... I got this- all by myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment