Sunday, June 7, 2009

The end of a beautiful weekend...

What a weekend. So much going on... and no time for blogging.

Well, my new niece was born Friday, June 5 at 11:38 a.m. She's beautiful-- with a head full of hair and strong lungs! So my Friday was spent at the hospital, before going to work... Then ALL day yesterday I spent the day at the hospital... And today they came home from the hospital, so we went over there to help out.

It was quite an exhausting weekend, but a good one.

Friday night, I worked the No Doubt concert... and for once, it wasn't raining! Kelsey and I had such a good time... being silly and dancing. I love my internship.

So, I was trying to decide on the song of the day. And, well, nothing too eventful happened today to bring a song to mind...

But as I was getting ready this morning... I heard "Size Matters" by Joe Nichols. And well, I just like it a lot... and I do relate to it. Not that I want all the material things one day. But...

"But right now all she wants is a man, With a big 'ol heart who can love her like nobody can, Big 'ol kisses that go on and on and never end, With a big 'ol smile it'll fill her world with laughter, Size matters, size matters."

To me, it's never been about the material things. I don't have to have a lot of "things" to make me happy. I just want someone who loves me for me, who can make me laugh, who can be my best friend. Someone I can share everything with. Someone can love me as much as I love them. I have a big heart, and a lot of love to give away. I don't want someone who will take advantage of that. I want someone who will cherish it. I don't want someone who feels like they "have" to give me things. I want someone who understands that I'm independent, and respects that. I don't want to be smothered, I want to be loved.

I used to have this fairy tale idea of love... and while that "little girl" inside of me wants to believe it, I know that nothing is perfect. I do still want that love where even after YEARS of being together, he still wants to hold my hand, kiss me when he sees me, still wants to sit close to me. I want to make everyone jealous of the crazy love we have for each other.

Maybe it will happen for me one day. Right now... I'm completely ok with where I am. I love my life, and am learning so much about myself. Some days are harder than others... especially when I feel like the only single person on the planet... But I am strong, independent... and I can do this.

I know this blog isn't as entertaining as you probably expected... but it's just one of those days! I'll blog more later, but for now I need to sleep... so I can get up early for work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment